v. walk with long, decisive steps in a specified direction.
n. a long, decisive step; a step or stage in progress toward an aim.
Stride! was established in 2016 by the Korean Canadian Scholarship Foundation of Edmonton (“Foundation”) to assist university students in Edmonton and nearby areas to…
- make an informed career choice;
- develop appropriate skills to pursue their career of choice;
- advance and excel in their career; and
- grow as leaders in their community and profession.
Stride! Program Committee:
The Stride! Program Committee (“Committee”) is comprised of the following dedicated professionals who came together under the common goal of helping students and young professionals reach their full potential and achieve their ambitions.
- David Choi, Corporate/Commercial Lawyer at Dentons
- Jeff Hong, Assistant Vice President, Corporate Internal Audit at Canadian Western Bank
- Peter Jun, PhD Student at the University of Alberta
- Rose Park, Legal Counsel at TD
All of the Committee members also serve on the Board of Directors of the Foundation.
The Committee is also supported by representatives from the following student associations at the University of Alberta:
- Korean Students’ Association (KOSA)
- The Association of Korean-Canadian Scientists and Engineers (AKCSE)